Ron Christaldi is president and CEO of Shumaker Advisors Florida. He is a board certified health lawyer and chair of Shumaker’s Health Care Practice group in Florida.
Christaldi gives back to the community by serving in a variety of organizations in a leadership capacity, including serving as the past chair of the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, past chair for the Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture and Arts and was the chair of the 2018 Leukemia Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk.
1. College alma mater? B.A. in history from New College of Florida; Master’s in international affairs from Florida State University; Juris Doctor from FSU College of Law.
2. Last book you read? “The Quartet,” by Joseph Ellis. It’s the history of how Washington, Madison, Hamilton and John Jay transitioned the colonies from declaring independence to forming our current nation.
3. Last place you vacationed? A lake house in Pelican Rapids, Minnesota.
4. PC or Mac? Mac.
5. Guilty-pleasure food? Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream.
6. We’ll find you on the weekend doing? Working, traveling or at the beach.
7. Biggest fear? Running out of time to accomplish all that I want to achieve.
8. Proudest moment? Being recognized by the Lions Eye Institute with the Person of Vision award for my work with that organization and in the community.
9. Dream dinner companion? Abraham Lincoln.
10. Any pets? Two turtles, two hamsters and a dog named (Humphrey) Bogart.
11. Who did you last text? My kids.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image? Boring, it’s the standard apple wallpaper.
13. What do you listen to in the car? Jazz.
14. What is your go-to drink order? Cabernet Sauvignon.
15. Favorite candy? Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
16. Do you suffer from Primenesia (the act of ordering from Amazon and forgetting about it)? I don’t remember!
17. Pool or beach? Pool (by the beach).
18. Charity you support? I support a variety of organizations in the areas of health care, education, arts/culture, domestic violence and at-risk kids
19. Favorite childhood memory? Participating in the fifth grade mock trial that set me on the path to becoming a lawyer.
20. Words of advice? To borrow from Lincoln – “Plant your feet in the right place and stand firm.”