Gregory Celestan founded Celestar Corp. prior to his retirement from the U.S. Army. Celestar Corporation was named to the Inc. magazine list of the 500 fastest growing private companies in America in 2009.
Celestan was selected as an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Florida Award recipient in 2010. He is currently a member of the board of the Bank of Tampa and is chairman of the Tampa General Hospital Foundation Board.
Celestan was appointed by Governor Rick Scott to the Enterprise Florida and the Space Florida boards in 2018. He is also a past chairman of the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce and a past Port Tampa Bay Commissioner. He was elected to the Tampa Bay Business Hall of Fame in 2017.
- College alma mater? United States Military Academy at West Point.
- Last book you read? “The Obstacle is the Way” by Ryan Holiday.
- Last place you vacationed? London, United Kingdom.
- PC or Mac? PC.
- Guilty-pleasure food? Any Pasta.
- We’ll find you on the weekend doing? Watching my beloved Buffalo Bills.
- Biggest fear? Not living up to my potential.
- Proudest moment? My daughter’s graduation from law school.
- Dream dinner companion? Marv Levy (the most winningest coach in the Buffalo Bills’ history).
- Any pets? None yet.
- Who did you last text? My daughter Bryce.
- What is your cellphone wallpaper image? A painting of my fiancé Sam.
- What do you listen to in the car? Earth Wind and Fire.
- What is your go-to drink order? Any great bourbon (neat).
- Favorite candy? Snickers.
- Do you suffer from Primenesia (the act of ordering from Amazon and forgetting about it.)? Never…but I do order a lot from Amazon.
- Pool or beach? Beach.
- Charity you support? Tampa General Hospital Foundation.
- Favorite childhood memory? Walking around Niagara Falls.
- Words of advice? No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.