The Florida Council on Economic Education will hold its 35th Annual Tampa Bay Business Hall of Fame on Friday, May 20, 2022, at the Hilton Downtown Tampa.
The 2020 inductees included Jack Harrell of Harrell’s, Dwayne Hawkins (in memoriam) of Crown Automotive Group, Pam Iorio of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America and Tom Wallace of Florida Funders. The 2021 recipients were Colleen Chappell of ChappellRoberts, Sonji Coney of Coney Funeral Homes and Ron Wanek of Ashley HomeStore. (Pictured above.)
When submitting your nominations please keep in mind this list of criteria:
- Nominee must live and/or work in the Tampa Bay region (Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk or Sarasota County).
- Nominee may be a CEO, business owner or top-level executive. The principal factor is his/her proven ability to successfully run an organization, or significant business unit, thereby creating jobs and economic prosperity for Tampa Bay.
- Nominee must have made a significant contribution to his/her industry and be viewed as an industry leader.
- Nominee must display a sustained performance in his/her industry.
- Nominee must participate actively in the Tampa Bay community through his/her donation of time, talent and/or financial support.
- Nominee list should reflect both genders and the many cultures represented in the Tampa Bay.
Additional Criteria for Individuals Who Lead Non-Profit Organizations. Each year, the Hall of Fame may induct not more than one Nominee who leads a non-profit organization provided that the following criteria are satisfied:
- The organization relies, for its success, principally on the provision of services, products, exhibits, performances or other programs to customers, patrons, patients or students in return for fees, tuition or other charges, rather than on donations or bequests; and
- The Nominee satisfies the other criteria for induction listed above. For the avoidance of doubt, the Nominee’s active participation in the Tampa Bay community, through his/her donation of time, talent and/or financial support, must occur outside of the Nominee’s organization.
All past Hall of Fame members can be found here. The selection committee will be meeting in February 2022.
Tampa Bay Business & Wealth is proud to partner on this important recognition for business leaders in our community.