Chris Rolle serves as executive vice president, regional president of West Florida for Seacoast Banking Corp. of Florida. The region consists of markets from Lakeland down to Naples. In this role, he leads the bank’s commercial banking growth strategy in the market.
As a former executive at Synovus Bank and BB&T, Rolle has a history of community involvement and making a positive impact. He currently serves on the boards for the Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA, First Tee of Tampa Bay, Stonier Banking School and is a volunteer football coach at Plant High School. His previous board involvement includes, but is not limited to, Make-A-Wish Central and Northern Florida, Junior Achievement of Central Florida, American Heart Association Advisory Board, YMCA of Central Florida, YMCA of Sarasota County and YMCA of Central Maryland.
1. College alma mater? Wake Forest University.
2. Last TV show you binge-watched? Stranger Things with the kids.
3. Favorite place for a business meeting? At the client’s place of business.
4. iPhone or Android? iPhone.
5. What time do you wake up on workdays? 5:45 a.m., with one snooze.
6. What part of your morning routine can you not miss? Running with Bella, my dog.
7. What movie terrified you as a child? Unsolved Mysteries (the TV show).
8. Proudest moment? Becoming a father.
9. Dream dinner companion?. My wife, Erin.
10. Biggest business failure? Not starting one. My wife and I almost started a drive-through smoothie company five years ago with a purpose to try and get more fruits and vegetables in our kids. Kids, in general, don’t usually consume the daily fruit and vegetable requirement for healthy growth, and development, and especially kids in lower income areas. The idea was to donate one smoothie for every one we sold.
11. Best concert you’ve ever seen, live? The Avett Brothers at House of Blues.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image? My kids.
13. Most famous person you’ve ever met? Muhammed Ali.
14. What is your go-to drink order? Tequila, club soda and slice of orange.
15. How do you manage the volume of emails you receive? It is hard. I try to respond either early in the morning or late in the day because during the day it can be tough. I encourage texting and calling as well.
16. Last thing you ordered from Amazon? A book, Think Like a Monk.
17. Emojis in the workplace, yea or nay? Yea, even though I don’t understand all of them.
18. Charity you support? YMCA.
19. Favorite childhood memory? Going to Disney World with my mom. We did not have a lot of money growing up, but she could always make a dollar go a long way, for my brother and I, and she was able to fit a lot of food in her purse.
20. Best advice ever received? Be yourself. Authenticity is a very important quality that I learned to look for in people, and relationships. If you can’t be yourself, who are you?