Mike Nursey leads TD Bank’s Middle Market strategy across the state of Florida. The bank provides financing to companies up to $1 billion in revenue for expansion, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged finance and other growth events.
Nursey, a veteran in the banking industry with 33 years of experience, has been with TD Bank since 2012. Before his current role, he served as market president for Central Florida, leading the bank’s commercial and small business banking efforts in the greater Tampa Bay and Orlando areas, from 2014 to 2019. He was regional vice president of Northeast Florida from 2012-14, leading the commercial and small business banking team in Jacksonville.
In addition to his work with TD Bank, Nursey is past chair of the American Cancer Society volunteer leadership board, a member of the board of trustees and athletics committee chair at the University of Tampa, board member and finance committee chair at Special Olympics Florida.
1. College alma mater? Florida State University.
2. Last show you binge watched? 24.
3. Favorite place for a business meeting? 717 South.
4. iPhone or Android? iphone.
5. What time do you wake up on workdays? 6:15, unless there was a west coast Lightning game.
6. What part of your morning routine can you not miss? Walking the dog.
7. What movie terrified you as a child? The Wizard of Oz.
8. Proudest moment? Adopting my son, Will.
9. Dream dinner companion? Will and Gail Nursey.
10. Biggest business failure? There have been many and all become game film to be used to set up further successes.
11. Best concert you’ve ever seen, live? Tie between Kenny Chesney and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image? Family and dog.
13. Most famous person you’ve ever met? Pat Riley (president of the Miami Heat).
14. What is your go-to drink order? Maker’s Mark on the rocks.
15. How do you manage the volume of emails you receive? Delete button!
16. Last thing you ordered from Amazon? Does a bunch of sports gear from Fanatics count?
17. Emojis in the workplace, yay or nay? Yay.
18. Charity you support? American Cancer Society, Special Olympics, University of Tampa, Lifepath Hospice.
19. Favorite childhood memory? Thanksgiving dinners at my grandparents’ house with my dad’s 10 brothers and sisters plus a million cousins.
20. Best advice ever received? “Make every punch have a purpose.” Meaning, make every meeting count, always prepare, don’t waste a shot.