Jane Castor is the 59th mayor of Tampa. Under this former Tampa police chief’s leadership, her administration passed the most extensive water/wastewater infrastructure plan in city history, in addition to the first budget starting in the black since the Great Recession.
Her key achievements, within the past two years, also include helping secure more than $90 million for transportation and mobility improvements, hiring the city’s first sustainability and resilience officer and launching various strategic initiatives to support prosperous and equitable job growth, economic development and housing opportunities. A Tampa native, Castor graduated from Chamberlain High School.
1. College alma mater?
University of Tampa.
2. Last show you binge-watched?
3. Favorite place for a business meeting?
4. iPhone or Android?
5. What time do you wake up on workdays?
6. What part of your morning routine can you not miss?
7. What movie terrified you as a child?
8. Proudest moment?
Watching my sons grow into wonderful men.
9. Dream dinner companion?
10. Biggest business failure?
Not listening intently.
11. Best concert you’ve ever seen, live?
Hard to choose—Anita Baker.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image?
13. Most famous person you’ve ever met?
Most presidents since George Bush (the father) and Tom Brady.
14. What is your go-to drink order?
An iced tea or glass of red blend, depending on how the day goes.
15. How do you manage the volume of emails you receive?
As quickly as possible.
16. Last thing you ordered from Amazon?
Additional Quick Dry pants from Columbia – need dictated by Hurricane Ian.
17. Emojis in the workplace, yay or nay?
18. Charity you support?
As many as possible.
19. Favorite childhood memory?
Lots—but getting a pony for Christmas is up there.
20. Best advice ever received?