It’s not a traditional business event, but it will be funny business.
Six Tampa Bay entrepreneurs and chief executive officers will be performing live, stand-up routines at the Tampa Improv, on September 6, at The Entrepreneur & CEO Stand-Up Challenge.
The show is curated by “humor scientist,” and Las Vegas headliner, Matt Kazam in a program designed to foster personal growth, and development, and combines the art of comedy with the strategic mindset of business leaders, according to a statement.
Over the duration of a six-week program, participants immersed themselves in the science of joke writing and performance techniques, culminating in a 12–15-minute stand-up routine.
The lineup includes:
• Kevin Harrington, the original shark from Shark Tank and the inventor of the infomercial
• Nick Friedman and Omar Soliman, co-founders of College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving
• Kevin Curtis, founder and lead consultant for National Educators for Restorative Practices
• Alison Friedman, executive director of the Carolina Performing Arts Center
• Clayton Turner, a serial entrepreneur and investor
• Erica Dhawan, CEO of Cotential
The event begins at 7:30 p.m., with doors opening at 6:30 p.m. Tickets for the Entrepreneur & CEO Stand-Up Challenge are available here.