Beth Cahill is president and chief executive officer at Windsor Capital, which has offices located in Los Angeles, Tampa and London.
After attending the University of Florida, Cahill began her career with Chemical Bank, in New York, transitioning from traditional listed securities portfolio management to institutional private company investment banking, with Alliance Capital.
Before joining Windsor Capital, she was senior managing director at CEA Group. Cahill has been instrumental in cross-border transactions throughout her many years in the investment industry, having traveled to more than 30 countries, assisting in transactions efficiently, and effectively, for her clients in mergers, acquisitions and capital market needs.
Outside of work time commitments, Cahill has enjoyed raising her four children and now, spoiling her two young grandchildren. She is an active member of several organizations including the Association of Corporate Growth, Financial Executive International, Society of International Business Fellows and the Tampa Yacht & Country Club, among others.
1. College alma mater? University of Florida.
2. Last show you binge-watched? Game of Thrones.
3. Favorite place for a business meeting? A client’s office.
4. iPhone or Android? Android.
5. What time do you wake up on workdays? 3:30 a.m.
6. What part of your morning routine can you not miss? Taking a long walk with my dogs. And coffee.
7. What movie terrified you as a child? Dawn of the Dead.
8. Proudest moment? When I was promoted to head of investment banking at my previous firm.
9. Dream dinner companion? Julius Caesar.
10. Biggest business failure? Not closing a large deal on which my team had spent a year’s worth of manhours.
11. Best concert you’ve ever seen, live? Lyle Lovett.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image? My 17-year-old son is a gator trapper, it is a pic of him and one of his gators. It is so I can remember when he had all of his fingers and toes.
13. Most famous person you’ve ever met? Paul McCartney.
14. What is your go-to drink order? Jack on the rocks.
15. How do you manage the volume of emails you receive? With help. An assistant, Vivian, and our marketing director/employee liaison Lindsay. Vivian keeps relevant and important items on top and Lindsay handles what she can or gives me a concise overview on our daily calls.
16. Last thing you ordered from Amazon? Large flash drive. Heading to our home in Islamorada for the summer and didn’t want to tote two large laptops.
17. Emojis in the workplace, yay or nay? Depends. Formal or new contacts—nay. Informal or well-known contacts, I think is fine.
18. Charity you support? American Cancer Society, Children’s Home, The Spring, The Humane Society of Tampa Bay.
19. Favorite childhood memory? In college, I used to race my Corvette in Sebring. The Corvette Club would race against the Porsche Club. I won several races, even against fellow club members. Oh, to be young and invincible again.
20. Best advice ever received? If you are looking for a reason to criticize, you will find one. Identify the issue or problem and bring a solution.