Since 2016, Bill Cronin has overseen all day-to-day business operations of the Pasco Economic Development Council, a non-profit organization funded by public and private investors. Pasco EDC works to attract companies to Pasco County to help create jobs and assist existing companies and small businesses with resources to help them grow.
Cronin has a long career in economic development, most recently coming from the City of Charlotte, North Carolina, where he served as economic development director. His other previous positions include serving as vice president of economic development for Invest Atlanta, director of field operations for Enterprise Florida and director of the South Carolina Department of Commerce. He also served as the executive director of the American Red Cross, in South Carolina.
Cronin is a member of the International Economic Development Council’s Board of Directors and is the current chairman of Global Tampa Bay. He is also a member of the Urban Land Institute, Florida Tax Watch, Extraordinary CEO, Community Foundation of Tampa Bay, Warrior 321, Boy Scouts Suncoast District Committee, the Propeller Club of the United States, the National Eagle Scout Association and is an Alumnus of Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity.
In 2019, Cronin co-founded The Human Trafficking Foundation, which supports non-government organizations in the areas of rescue, recovery and advocacy for survivors of human trafficking.
1. College alma mater? Michigan State University. Go Green!
2. Last show you binge-watched? Jack Ryan, season four.
3. Favorite place for a business meeting? Bangkok Sushi, in Lutz.
4. iPhone or Android? iPhone.
5. What time do you wake up on workdays? 6:30 a.m.
6. What part of your morning routine can you not miss? Brushing my teeth.
7. What movie terrified you as a child? The Exorcist.
8. Proudest moment? Being a grandpa.
9. Dream dinner companion? Anthony Bourdain (RIP).
10. Biggest business failure? Not investing enough as a young man.
11. Best concert you’ve ever seen, live? U2 – Joshua Tree Tour, in 2017, at Raymond James Stadium.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image? My granddaughter, Felicity.
13. Most famous person you’ve ever met? His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama.
14. What is your go-to drink order? Club soda with lime.
15. How do you manage the volume of emails you receive? I’m a folder guy…. everything has its place.
16. Last thing you ordered from Amazon? CELCIUS-Sparkling Mango Passionfruit.
17. Emojis in the workplace, yay or nay? Yay.
18. Charity you support? Anti-human trafficking groups, Habitat for Humanity, Metropolitan Ministries, Feeding Tampa Bay and the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay.
19. Favorite childhood memory? Camping with my parents, in Canada.
20. Best advice ever received? “Invest when you are young” (received, but not followed).