20 Questions With … Peter Meyer
Get to know the market president - commercial for Central Florida at TD Bank
Peter Meyer was recently named TD Bank’s market president—commercial for Central Florida.
He’s responsible for the strategic growth and oversight of all commercial and small business banking activities in the metro Orlando and Tampa regions.
Meyer previously was TD Bank’s market president–commercial in New York City, where he oversaw strategy of the bank’s commercial, nonprofit, middle market and small business teams in all five boroughs.
1. College alma mater? Florida State University, B.S. in Accounting; Georgia State, J.D.
2. Last book you read? Silent Night by Danielle Steel.
3. Last place you vacationed? Chile, for a group cycling trip.
4. PC or Mac? Mac.
5. Guilty-pleasure food? Key lime pie.
6. We’ll find you on the weekend doing? Cycling, boating, golfing and spending time with family.
7. Biggest fear? Being mediocre. As Van Morrison’s lyrics say, “You have to fight every day to keep mediocrity at bay.”
8. Proudest moment? Graduating from law school after six years of night classes.
9. Dream dinner companion? Mahatma Mohandas Gandhi.
10. Any pets? My thriving saltwater aquarium makes it easy to travel.
11. Who did you last text? My wife, of course.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image? My wife and I at Palma Ceia Country Club’s 100-year anniversary event.
13. What do you listen to in the car? Bloomberg News during weekdays, classic rock on nights and weekends.
14. What is your go-to drink order? Scotch or red wine, when it comes to adult beverages.
15. Favorite candy? Snickers.
16. Do you suffer from Primenesia (the act of ordering from Amazon and forgetting about it)? Definitely.
17. Pool or beach? Beach.
18. Charity you support? The American Diabetes Association through the annual Tour de Cure cycling event.
19. Favorite childhood memory? Receiving the MVP award, age 9, in PAL football. That was the peak of my athletic career.
20. Words of advice? Focus on everyone other than yourself, and you will be happier and more successful.