Metropolitan Ministries is collaborating with 30 community partners to expand its holiday outreach and will operate 10 “pop-up” tent locations in neighborhoods of highest need, throughout the region.
For the fifth year, Metropolitan Ministries is teaming up with Thaddeus Bullard, also known as WWE global ambassador Titus O’Neil, and his Bullard Family Foundation. Former Major League Baseball great, Orestes Destrade, is also joining forces to help the organization reach deeper into Hispanic communities.
Together, they are asking for the community’s help to ensure everyone experiences the hope and joy of Thanksgiving and Christmas, this year.
What does it take to make it all happen?
- 15,000 volunteers
- One million pounds of food
- 60,000 toys/gift cards
- Community-wide engagement
- Collaboration of 30 partners
How to help:
- Donate Most Needed Items: Frozen turkeys and hams, canned yams, stuffing, canned vegetables, boxed potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, cereal, rice, beans, macaroni and cheese, dessert mixes, gift cards, toys/gifts for children ages 4-17
- Conduct a food or toy donation collection drive (traditional or virtual) with your business, employees, congregation, school, club, or civic group
- Volunteer at one of the many locations nearest you—as an individual, family or group
- Make a monetary donation (these gifts will be matched by a generous donor and double your impact)
Where to donate:
Tampa Bay Business and Wealth will have a donation bin in its offices, at 327 11th Ave N., Suite 100, St. Petersburg, until December 10. Please feel free to drop off nonperishable items and we will deliver the donated items to Metropolitan Ministries to help with their holiday needs.