20 Questions With … Jim Daly
Regional President West Florida Region Truist Financial Corp.
Jim Daly is regional president for the West Florida Region at Truist Financial Corp. He assumed his current position in December 2019, upon the closing of the merger of equals between BB&T Corp. and SunTrust Banks.
In this role, Daly is the company’s senior leader in the market responsible for delivering the full complement of the company’s services to clients in the area and directing the commercial business.
Prior to his current role, Daly served in various leadership positions at BB&T including commercial banker, corporate banker and city executive in Greensboro, North Carolina, and an area executive in Durham, North Carolina. He was named Hampton Roads regional president in 2002, Peninsula regional president in 2003, following the acquisition of First Virginia Banks, and North Florida regional president in 2004. He was named Community Banking group executive in 2010.
Active in the community, Daly has served on the boards of YMCA of Northeast Florida, United Way of Northeast Florida, Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce, Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance, Virginia Marine Science Museum and Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters. He currently serves on the Leadership Council of the Tampa Bay Partnership and continues to be a supporter of local United Way efforts.
1. College alma mater? Washington & Lee University, Lexington, Virginia.
2. Last book you read? “Man’s Search for Meaning” by Viktor Frankl.
3. Last place you vacationed? Mystic, Connecticut.
4. PC or Mac? Mac; IPad.
5. Guilty-pleasure food? Lay’s potato chips.
6. We’ll find you on the weekend doing? Running barefoot on the beach.
7. Biggest fear? Running out of time.
8. Proudest moment? My daughter’s graduation from Florida State University.
9. Dream dinner companion? Ted Williams (an American professional baseball player and manager).
10. Any pets? English Bulldog named Vice (daughter’s dog).
11. Who did you last text? My sister.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image? Latimer Point Lighthouse.
13. What do you listen to in the car? Mix – Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, U2.
14. What is your go-to drink order? Coppertail Brewing Co.’s Free Dive IPA.
15. Favorite candy? Kit Kat.
16. Do you suffer from Primenesia (the act of ordering from Amazon and forgetting about it)? Not at all!
17. Pool or beach? Beach.
18. Charity you support? United Way.
19. Favorite childhood memory? Lobstering with granddad.
20. Words of advice? Live in the moment; sunsets, no regrets!