Girl Scouts of West Central Florida elected 11 members to their Board of Directors at its annual meeting, including two Girl Scout girl members.
GSWCF also elected six new members to its Board Development Committee. For a complete list of GSWCF Board Members and to read their full bios, please visit gswcf.org/board.
“We are thrilled that so many inspiring business, and community, leaders are joining us as we embark on the goal of 30,000 members by 2030 and align our resources so that we can be even more mission-driven, member-centered and people-empowered,” said Mary Pat King, Girl Scouts of West Central Florida chief executive officer, in a statement.
The new board members include:
- Courtney Bilyeu: Bilyeu has decades of diverse work and volunteer experience that includes serving in a variety of roles for the Junior League of Tampa, since 2013, and serving as Tampa co-chair of the Green Beret Foundation and on the MacDill Spouses Club.
- Michelle Christie: Christie is founder of All Health & Education, a health and wellness consulting company. Her experience with fundraising includes work with federal, nonprofit and for-profit entities such as the Department of Health, Department of Children and Families, Centers for Disease Control, clinics/outpatient centers, financial institutions and more.
- Deirdre Dixon: After 20 years as an U.S. Army officer with combat experience, Dixon is currently an Associate Professor of Management and Associate Director of the Center for Leadership, at the University of Tampa. She earned an engineering degree from West Point, an MBA from Duke University and a Ph.D. in management from Case Western Reserve University. She serves on several non-profit boards such as the Tampa Theater. She also serves as a national director on the West Point Association of Graduates Board.
- Sue Ryan Goodman: Goodman retired, in 2013, after a 24-year career in the investment industry and has since worked with non-profits. She is a Lifetime Girl Scout and has served on the Finance Committee of Girl Scouts of West Central Florida since she moved to Florida, in early 2018.
- Tracy Holt: Holt is a vice president market leader with Pilot Bank, a part of LMCU. She currently manages the operations and community relations for the Westchase Banking Center. She has worked with Meals on Wheels, Children’s Museum Art Spot and Metropolitan Ministries. She served on the Executive Board of the Greater Temple Terrace Chamber, where she chaired the City of Temple Terrace Parade. Holt also volunteers her time working with USF Women in Leadership and Philanthropy.
- Grace Maseda: Maseda is vice president of marketing with Helios Education Foundation. Prior to Helios Education Foundation, she was employed by Hillsborough County Public Schools and enjoyed a tenured career at the Tampa Bay Times. She has held numerous leadership positions including chair of the board of trustees for SERVE Volunteers in Education, chairperson of the City of Tampa Mayor’s Hispanic Advisory Council and chairperson of the board of directors for Kid City. She is currently a member of the leadership council of LEAP, Tampa Bay’s College Access Network and serves as co-chair of the network’s communications committee.
- Renee Murch: A native Floridian who grew up as a Girl Scout in St. Petersburg, Murch currently serves as the Florida Water Resources Operations Manager for INTERA Incorporated. She has a passion for working with youth, particularly helping them develop interests in STEM, through tutoring and by creating STEM experiences for her Girl Scout troop.
- Yvette Segura: A community leader with more than 37 years of experience in the financial services industry, Segura is the immediate past chairwoman for the Tampa Bay Chamber, serving as chair in 2021. She recently retired after 33 years of leadership with USAA, most recently as the regional vice president, in Tampa. She remains active in the community by serving on the University of South Florida, Muma College of Business Executive Advisory Council, Feeding Tampa Bay’s capital campaign committee and the Stageworks Theatre advisory council. She also proudly serves on the One Tampa Foundation executive board of directors, selected by the Mayor of the City of Tampa.
- Keith Smith: A shareholder in Gray Robinson’s Lakeland office, Smith concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate law, estate planning, the representation of lenders and financial institutions and utilities law.
The 2021-2023 Girl Scouts of West Central Florida Board of Directors Executive Committee are:
- President, Laura Webb of Webb Insurance
- First vice president, Abby Mackness of Mackness & Poore Consulting
- Second vice president, Monica McLaughlin of Bluewater
- Third vice president, Cami Gibertini of Hancock Whitney Bank
- Secretary, Kelly Flannery of South Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- Treasurer, Gwin Londrigan of Publix Super Markets
Other Board Members at Large are Lynn Jackson Dorman, Licensed Mental Health Therapist; Michelene Evertt, Hyde Park Event Design; Stephen Ponzillo, Regions Financial Corporation; Marion Rich, Civic Leader and Philanthropist; Lavinia “Vinnie” Vaughn, Carlton Fields, P.A.
Girl Scouts of West Central Florida currently serves nearly 17,000 Girl Scout members spanning the following counties: Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Marion Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Sumter.