Amy Martinez-Monfort is owner and chief executive officer of Tampa Laundry Co. She is a Florida native who attended Florida State University for her undergraduate degree and the University of Florida for law school.
She practiced law with Carlton Fields, in Tampa, before beginning a career in sales and marketing with Eli Lilly.
In 2015, Martinez-Monfort started Tampa Laundry Co., a full service laundry and linen rental company. Three years later, the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce named Tampa Laundry Co. its small business of the year—lauding its clean branding, unique style, meteoric growth and call to “Think Clean Thoughts.”
She serves on the board of directors for the CEO Council of Tampa Bay and is the incoming chair for 2023. Martinez-Monfort says she is most proud of her role as wife and mother to her two children, Lexi and Luke.
1. College alma mater?
Florida State University, for undergraduate, and the University of Florida for law school (for those wondering, I’m a Seminole fan).
2. Last show you binge-watched?
3. Favorite place for a business meeting?
A client’s place of business so I can learn more about them.
4. iPhone or Android?
5. What time do you wake up on workdays?
6. What part of your morning routine can you not miss?
Being with my kids before they go to school.
7. What movie terrified you as a child?
The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock.
8. Proudest moment?
Winning the Tampa Chamber’s small business of the year.
9. Dream dinner companion?
If not my husband, then Sara Blakely.
10. Biggest business failure? Being too quick to hire or too slow to fire.
11. Best concert you’ve ever seen, live?
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image?
Family picture of Machu Picchu trip.
13. Most famous person you’ve ever met? Gen. Colin Powell, former U.S. secretary of state.
14. What is your go-to drink order?
15. How do you manage the volume of emails you receive? I respond to most everything right away. I loathe an inbox with unread emails.
16. Last thing you ordered from Amazon?
Christmas tree storage bags.
17. Emojis in the workplace, yay or nay? Sure, business doesn’t have to be boring.
18. Charity you support? Children’s Cancer Center.
19. Favorite childhood memory? Being with my grandparents at their lake house in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
20. Best advice ever received? Never confuse having a career with having a life.