Boys and Girls Clubs Suncoast
Freddy Williams is a Florida native and proud Boys & Girls Club alumni. He was named president and chief executive officer of Boys & Girls Clubs of the Suncoast in 2016. The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Suncoast serves more than 20,000 local youth each year and is one of the fastest-growing Boys & Girls Club affiliates in the nation. Additionally, he serves as the chairman of the national board of directors for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s Professional Association.
Williams is on the board of governors for the Pinellas Community Foundation and the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce.
1. College alma mater? University of Florida, B.A., political science; Florida International University, MBA, finance and accounting; graduate certificates from Harvard University, performance measurement; Indiana University, fundraising management; and Arizona State University, nonprofit innovation.
2. Last show you binge-watched? Ted Lasso.
3. Favorite place for a business meeting? Karol Hotel.
4. iPhone or Android? iPhone (recently switched after having an Android for 10 years and I am trying to convince my wife to switch!)
5. What time do you wake up on workdays? 7 a.m., unless one of my three kids decides to wake up earlier.
6. What part of your morning routine can you not miss? Reading the news.
7. What movie terrified you as a child? The Exorcist.
8. Proudest moment? Getting married. I definitely “married up!”
9. Dream dinner companion? Steve Harvey or Kevin Hart.
10. Biggest business failure? I don’t believe in failures. They are opportunities to learn and grow. I have had my fair share of learning over the years. Especially since I became a CEO of a multimillion-dollar business at 27 years old.
11. Best concert you’ve ever seen, live? Linkin Park at the Tampa Amphitheater.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image? My family.
13. Most famous person you’ve ever met? I’ve met three presidents (Ronald Reagan, George Bush and Barack Obama). I’ve also met Denzel Washington and I had a few classes with Tim Tebow, while in college.
14 What is your go-to drink order? It depends on my mood. Either a Cabernet Sauvignon (Caymus is my favorite!) or an Old Fashioned.
15. How do you manage the volume of emails you receive? My assistant is a lifesaver with helping me sort, prioritize and manage my emails.
16. Last thing you ordered from Amazon? Wine decanter.
17. Emojis in the workplace, yay or nay? Nay.
18. Charity you support? Boys & Girls Clubs, Pinellas Community Foundation and the St. Pete Arts Alliance.
19. Favorite childhood memory? I grew up in the country in Northwest Florida. I loved my summers fishing, riding four-wheelers and building treehouses in the woods.
20. Best advice ever received? That my mouth was either going to get me in trouble or do good in the world.