Alice Bessette serves as the executive director of Leadership Tampa Bay, the regional leadership program. Leadership Tampa Bay covers four counties, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco and Polk. Their mission is to engage members with businesses and community leaders to enhance knowledge of regional assets and issues. The program is designed not only to identify our regional strengths and build on them, but to delve into issues facing our region and explore ways to bridge our differences.
She currently serves on the Support Council for the 927th ARW, she is a past Honorary Commander of the 927th ARW Mission Support Group. A graduate of Leadership Tampa, the Tampa Bay Partnership CEO Direct Program and the FBI Citizens Academy and an active member of the FBITCAAlumni and Leadership Tampa Alumni. She volunteers with numerous organizations, American Victory Ship, Joshua House, Sincerely Santa and other organizations.
1. College alma mater?
University of Southern Mississippi.
2. Last show you binge watched?
3. Favorite place for a business meeting?
One of the Private Clubs – Centre Club, The Tampa Club, University Club of Tampa.
4. iPhone or Android?
5. What time do you wake up on workdays?
6. What part of your morning routine can you not miss?
Taking my granddaughter to school.
7. What movie terrified you as a child?
8. Proudest moment?
Becoming a mom and grandmother.
9. Dream dinner companion?
10. Biggest business failure?
There have been many but always learned from them.
11. Best concert you’ve ever seen, live?
Journey/Foreigner on Halloween Night.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image?
13. Most famous person you’ve ever met?
Hall of Famer Leroy Selmon.
14. What is your go-to drink order?
15. How do you manage the volume of emails you receive?
Constantly working on them. It’s a full-time job.
16. Last thing you ordered from Amazon?
Pool noodles for Leadership Tampa Bay Alumni Event.
17. Emojis in the workplace, yay or nay?
18. Charity you support?
Leadership Tampa Bay, Sincerely Santa, Joshua House, Alzheimer’s, American Heart, and American Cancer.
19. Favorite childhood memory?
Vacationing in the Smoky Mountains.
20. Best advice ever received?
Don’t wait for the opportunity, create it.