20 Questions With Dr. Edmondo Robinson
Senior vice president, chief digital innovation officer at Moffitt Cancer Center
Physician Edmondo Robinson is responsible for expanding Moffitt’s ecosystem from within, and outside of health care, to deliver on consumer-oriented, real-world solutions for clinical practice, research and administrative processes essential to support growth and competitive advantages.
Before joining Moffitt, Robinson was the chief transformation officer and senior vice president of consumerism at ChristianaCare, one of the largest health systems in the mid-Atlantic.
In addition to clinical care, and teaching, he is an active health services researcher focused on transitions of care as well as the impact of technology on care delivery. He has been honored with fellowship by the American College of Physicians and senior fellowship by the Society of Hospital Medicine.
Robinson is an associate professor of medicine at Thomas Jefferson University’s Sidney Kimmel Medical College. He holds a medical degree from UCLA; an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania; and a master’s degree in health policy research, also from the University of Pennsylvania.
1. College alma mater? University of California, San Diego.
2. Last book you read? The White Fleet by Jay Allan (a science fiction space opera).
3. Last place you vacationed? New Orleans.
4. PC or Mac? Mac.
5. Guilty-pleasure food? Bread pudding.
6. We’ll find you on the weekend doing? Grilling.
7. Biggest fear? I don’t spend any time thinking about fears.
8. Proudest moment?. Birth of my children (I have two).
9. Dream dinner companion? Nelson Mandela.
10. Any pets? Not anymore.
11. Who did you last text? My wife.
12. What is your cellphone wallpaper image? My children.
13. What do you listen to in the car? Music.
14. What is your go-to drink order? Rum and Coke.
15. Favorite candy? Whoppers.
16. Do you suffer from Primenesia (the act of ordering from Amazon and forgetting about it)? I never forget an Amazon order.
17. Pool or beach? Pool (not a fan of sand).
18. A charity you support? Nativity Prep (a school for underprivileged children).
19. Favorite childhood memory? RVing with my grandmother and family.
20. Words of advice? Life is short. Never stop learning, living and loving.