20 Questions With … Joe Lopano
His biggest fear might surprise you.
Joe Lopano, CEO of Tampa International Airport, has worked 37 years in the aviation industry. Prior to accepting the CEO position in Tampa, he worked at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport for 14 years as its executive vice president for marketing and terminal management. His experience also encompasses 19 years in the airline industry, including serving in leadership positions at Continental Airlines.
He serves on the boards of the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Visit Tampa Bay, the Westshore Alliance, the Tampa Bay Partnership, the Tampa Bay Defense Alliance, the U.S. Travel Association’s Gateway Airports Council and the Hillsborough County Metropolitan Planning Organization.
He is a member of the executive committees for the Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation, the Airports Council International–North America U.S. Policy Board and the Tony Jannus Society. He is an Honorary Commander at MacDill Air Force Base and was selected to participate in Leadership Florida.
- College alma mater? Pace University
- Last book you read? “Hillbilly Elegy” by J. D. Vance
- Last place you vacationed? Rosemary Beach, Florida
- PC or Mac? Mac
- Guilty-pleasure food? Ribeye Steak
- We’ll find you on the weekend doing? Golf or photography
- Biggest fear? Heights
- Proudest moment? Every time I see our team members succeed
- Dream dinner companion? Winston Churchill, former British Prime Minister
- Any pets? No
- Who did you last text? My son
- What is your cellphone wallpaper image? Me and my wife at Lake Louise, Canada
- What do you listen to in the car? Everything
- What is your go-to drink order? Chardonnay
- Favorite candy? Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup
- Do you suffer from Primenesia*? Yes
- Pool or beach? Both and often
- Charity you support? United Way
- Favorite childhood memory? Christmastime
- Words of advice? Do what you say you’re going to do.
*Primenesia: The act of ordering from Amazon and forgetting about it.